More Than 20 Combined Years As Former Prosecutors

Focused Exclusively On Northern Indiana Criminal Defense  

Is There A Way To Drive If My License Is Suspended?

Even if an Indiana court or the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) suspended your license, you may still have an option to retain some driving privileges. Specialized driving privilege licenses allow people who have convictions for traffic offenses or operating while intoxicated (OWI) to drive in certain situations. Obtaining this special license, however, is not easy without an attorney.

We can determine whether you are eligible for a specialized driving privilege license and, if so, help you acquire it. We are Britton Law LLC. Our attorneys have more than 30 combined years of experience helping clients throughout north central Indiana earn back their driving privileges.

Specialized Driving Privileges: What To Know

Not everyone can receive specialized driving privileges. The court will not issue a stay of a license suspension just because someone feels like driving again. There are only a few circumstances in which specialized driving privileges may be necessary, such as:

  • Driving to and from work
  • Driving to medical appointments
  • Driving to court hearings, mandatory drug and alcohol treatment, community service or other court-mandated events
  • Dropping off and picking up children from school
  • Dropping off and picking up children from day care

The process of petitioning for specialized driving privileges has complex paperwork and lots of potential for mistakes to throw off your chances. If you work with us, our team will help you with the application. We can also advise you of your rights regarding your past traffic violation and whether you have the option of modifying your sentence.

Learn Whether A Specialized Driving Privileges License Is For You

You might still have options if the state suspended your license. Our lawyers know how to help you explore these options. To learn more, contact our South Bend office to make an initial consultation. You can send us an email or call us at 574-218-0989.